Views!

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Subject One

For my first act, I present to you a human being. I don't know all that much of this human, but from what I can tell I don't like too much.

The subject grew up quite rich from what I can tell, and have heard. Being in private schooling their entire life did not effect their education from the looks of it. Obviously getting everything their heart desires and in return doing nothing. Okay, so this person is in college. Never ever does homework even the simplest of things. In theory -well more like stereotyping- these people become doctors and lawyers. In this case, "doing coke, but not on the reg" is their type of lifestyle indeed. When class is canceled what does this person do? Go score some dope downtown.

Not trying to level or anything, but I'm a drop out. Stereotyping-wise this should be me. The difference, I think is that I was taught to learn things for myself. Not everything is handed to you on a silver platter. (Not that I have a job, I am grateful for my possessions and take care of my things with great care.) Nonetheless, to my experience -and in a way this is stereotyping, but more like my observations- people who get everything that they want usually don't take care of their things because "Hey, who cares, if I break it my daddy will just buy me another one"

The importance of material possessions is absurd to me. The way people hold iPhone's and fine cars up on pedestals like those are the only things that really matter is just ridiculous. This "Keeping up with the Jones'" mentality is what is destroying the nation.

Everyone wants this "free money, change" kinda garbage. What for? All the people that don't have jobs or anything can get more freebies. And for the record, nothing is free.

I'm not all that informed on politics, that's why this isn't about politics. Anyways, what I'm getting at is that the things you own do not define you as a person. (Yes, fight club changed my life) You are not your effing khaki's or the contents of your wallet.

Who you are as a person and what you do for others is what matters. And I'm not talking about giving your little sister twenty bucks on her birthday and feeling good about it. I mean like volunteer work, making stuff for other people. Whether it's cookies, a personalized photo collage, a hand made card. Anything that you actually put some thought into, so that it actually means something.

My psychology teacher told my class that there was a study done at Harvard I think to see what people wanted in the long term spectrum of their lives. Majority said that they wanted to be rich and they valued money rather than relationships and having a family. This information deeply saddened me. That's the exact opposite of what the world should be like. Money means nothing. It's just paper. Yeah it pays the bills and blah blah blah. But it means more than having a family? Money will not buy you happiness. If I were completely alone and had a million dollars, I more than likely would not be that happy of a girl. I mean the money wouldn't make me sad, but think about the people that you would attract if you suddenly became rich. Probably not the people that would hang around you if you had no money.

That sorta went off topic.. But people need not put things on such a high pedestal. Cherish instead family, friends and the intimate moments you spend in this world. Give thanks to God for blessing you with so much. Be truly grateful for the things that you do have than be sad for the things you don't.


Well with all of that off of my chest, God bless and please keep reading.
And subscribe!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment