Views!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Dreams

I mean literal dreams, not hopes and junk.

Why are some so vivid and real?
How can some people always remember theirs and others not at all?
Are they somehow linked to deja vu?


I really love the story behind the band Neutral Milk Hotel's music… That's what inspired this. 

Jeff Mangum was living in his friends closet temporarily. This room was allegedly haunted. He kept having reoccurring dreams of Ann Frank. He fell in love with her, in his dreams. Totally not in a perverse way either. (Because he was in his twenties I'm sure and she was only fifteen when she died)
Most of his lyrics are about her and her family. 

Communist Daughter; Holland 1945; Oh, Comely; Ghost; Sailing Through(acoustic); My Dream Girl; Oh, Sister; Two Headed Boy

Those are closely related to her in my opinion.

Was Ann Frank haunting him?
Was Jeff Mangum on drugs?

Maybe both, maybe our "soul mates" don't always exist in the same time frames as each other. Maybe some souls were meant for a different time period. Some people get taken away before they should be.


I don't know really. I have so many wild and vivid dreams like every single night and I can always remember them really well.

OH! Have you ever had a dream about a stranger and then met them? Like before you knew them at all you had a dream about them. 

My mom did, and I probably have and don't remember it. 

I love dreaming though. It gives me something to think about and analyze all day. And it always reminds me of Jeff Mangum and his magnificence.



AMAZING MUSIC

listen to it.


<3


No comments:

Post a Comment