Views!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Bueller... Bueller.... Bueller

12-1-10

My version of a crappy ferris bueler's day off

Well, I got to school early as always and it was raining a little bit. (I hate driving in the rain! But then I think everyone does.) My first class is new student seminar, which is pretty silly, but it's attendance only grade. Our final is a take home final! Actually he said he would email it to us. Haha! But that is top secret. 

Anyways, the crazy parts. I skipped my psychology class that day. (I know, i'm bad but that was my first absence in there this whole semester so it's cool.)
I skipped to hang out with my friend and ride the Jagtran and take pictures and be silly. Well we rode it all around campus for a while. Then we hopped off of it and went in the nursing college and discovered where einstein's bagels were hiding! I got a strawberry cream cheese muffin and my homie got a parfait. My muffin was just awful, so I chunked it once we got back on the jagtran. so we cruised all around the place. We spontaneously got off of the red jagtran and just waited there in the cold for the green one. But it never showed up. But instead the blue one did. And on there was this super mean and rude woman that told us to get out of the way. We proceeded in getting on the bus once the person got off of it. Then! A new bus driver took her place. A very nice old man that was making small talk with us. He asked us if we lived on campus and neither of us do, we live in the same neighborhood though. He then asked if we had heard about the awful airplane that had crashed near our houses. We were totally unaware of this. He then said that it was his friend that had in fact crashed his own personal plane and passed away in the wreck. When he said his name, my friend's jaw dropped and her eyes welled up. 

He was only thirty five years old. He was the co-owner of Kingdom Coach. He had been my friends Azalea Trail Maid leader. 

He was the only one to get hurt. But he was an accomplished and great man. It deeply saddens me to here of this tragedy. Airplanes are so scary. If humans were meant to fly, we would have wings…

What are the chances of finding out through the fourth bus driver that we encountered would tell us this? So slim. It was so shocking and upsetting.

And to make things worse, when we got off of the bus to go to our other classes, it was pouring down raining so bad. Neither of us had our umbrella's and I was wearing my pidelly ole Tom's. And even worse, I remembered I had left my headlights on. So I had to run alll the way across campus to my car then run allllll the way back to class. I was not a happy camper to say the least. I thought for sure I'd have pneumonia. I already had a cold, and now i was running around outside in the ice cold rain bare footed and only to being greeted by ice cold classrooms that were blaring the air conditioner.

Yeah Tuesday was a horrible, awful, no good, very bad day for this gal.
Count your blessings, remember your umbrella, and never get on and/or drive an airplane. 



R.I.P. Michael Scott Grantham
I didn't know you, but you were a good person.









I have this book and just love love love it. It has so many eerie things in it. 

Buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment